Cooking Bucket List and Spring Cooking!


In the spirit of trying new cooking techniques and foods each month, I decided to create a Cooking Bucket list. The foods I plan to try making this year. I already made bread from scratch in January and gnocchi from scratch in February, so this month I am going to make Meringues for the first time! Anyone with a good recipe, let me know! Here is my list:
Gnocchi and homemade bread!
Cooking bucket list 2012
Bread – January, Done
Gnocchi – February, Done
Meringues
Calamari
Flan
Lobster
Koeksisters
Oysters
Mozzarella
Pork Belly
Short ribs
Chocolate truffles

I found some great inspiration by googling  "Cooking Bucket List." Here are some great ones I found:

Mostly Food and Crafts 
Way More Homemade
Christie's Corner
The Orgasmic Chef

As the weather gets warmer seafood (especially during Lent) and salads tend to make a larger appearance on our dinner tables. My recent favorite lunch I made as a treat for myself while the boys were napping and I was doing lots of laundry, was Scallop Caesar Salad. I had bought fresh scallops for Valentines day and only made 1/2 the amount I bought, so I froze the scallops. I know some of you are crying sacrilege! but they were still great even once defrosted in the microwave.


3-4 Diver Sea Scallops
2 Tbsp butter
Couple of splashes of White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt
Lemon Pepper
Romaine Lettuce
Parmesan
Croutons
Caesar Dressing

Melt butter in saute pan over medium high heat. Salt and pepper all sides of the scallops and then sear on each side in the melted butter. When almost completely cooked, pour in a couple of splashes of white balsamic vinegar (you can use rice wine, white wine vinegar or lemon juice). Place romaine lettuce, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a handful of your favorite croutons in a salad bowl. Toss with your favorite Caesar dressing and then top with scallops. Delicious!

Labels: , , ,